BEFORE YOU BEGIN...

ALL OF MY BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM, OR YOU CAN SIMPLY CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=David%20Teves

Should I, or shouldn't I?

I’m not one to air my dirty laundry in public, especially not on a blog. Let’s just say that without the love of my family, I would have nothing. I’ve made a few dubious decisions in my life, my choice of careers just one of them. I didn’t discover I could string words together in an entertaining fashion until well into middle age, a tad too old to abandon my obligations and live the life of a writer. Generally speaking, I’ve never been satisfied with the way things have gone, but then again, who is?

So the 4 Corners Café is offering me something. Maybe death, maybe something else. My sense is that it may be some sort of redemption, my Mount Everest so to speak. So the question is: do I do it? Do I put on a sensible pair of shoes, drive over to the café, and walk through that door? Or do I count my blessings, my children, my wife of thirty hears, my two beautiful granddaughters?

What’s your opinion, all two or three of you who graciously read my words? What do you think? Should I, or shouldn’t I?

Whatever I decide I’ve got to do it soon. My window of braveness is a small one.


David

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing gained by staying on 'this side' of the door... the "known" Universe as it were... versus 'the great unknown'. What's the worst thing that could happen? Let's face it, we're already late in the 4th Quarter and praying daily for no Sudden-Death Overtime, eh? So I say -uck it... let the chips fall where they may! Go West Young Man, Go West!

    ReplyDelete